Oct 19, 2009

It was all a dream

Urgent Update: I am still alive.

Since I have been gone the following things have happened: John turned 21, Zachpyne turned 20, I saw a play, I washed my sheets, I stayed up for 48 hours, and Mohini came to visit.

To break it down: I began writing a paper for cognition on October 9th, it was due the 15th.  On the 12th I still had no topic or research to support it.  On the 13th I had a new topic, minimal research, and a theatre outing that night.  On the 14th Maddie and I stayed in the cafe all night writing the paper, then took turns going upstairs to shower, then got coffee and went to class at 10am on the 15th.  Our entire class showed up late and none of us could really function on a conscious level.  I began to feel very cold as my immune system among other things began to shut down.  Then I got a fever.  It was awesome except the opposite of that.  Best sleep of my life that night.

Friday, I went shopping for the first time since I've been here and got super overwhelmed by Top Shop.  I saw a sweater that had a giant face of a wolf on it and I decided it needed to be mine.  But it was too expensive.  Maybe another time.  Mohini got here on Friday.  Mikestetz's friends arrived as well.  All of us went to a club called...egg?  Mikestetz's friend promotes for it.  In order to get to this place, we took what I have termed the party van.  However, I did not know we had this conveniently free mode of transportation, I just saw everyone in front of me climbing into this unmarked white van.  This did not raise as many questions as it should have at the time I don't think.  Kinda like the time Chris just walked down an alley and we just kinda let him.

Saturday we went to Notting Hill.  I saw no blue doored houses.  No travel book shops either.  And no annoying actresses.  I did however get subpar thai noodles from the market and Mohini and I had to make like 4 attempts to get food that we could stand.  All I wanted was a burrito.  I ate churros--less than desirable.  My apple--could have been better.  Once I just accepted that food was not in the cards for me that day, we decided to take a bus back to NIDO.  Sounds easy right?  Not always.  Sometimes the buses just blow right past you and other times they take you two stops and then decide they are no longer in service and sometimes they don't come for 20 minutes anyway.  All of the above was our journey home from Notting Hill.

I saw Judgment Day a few days ago.  The theatre was not made for tall people.  The show was pretty good until the ghosts came.  Never a good way to end something that's not about ghosts.

Today I went to Camden Town and attempted to rectify the unsatisfactory noodle situation of the previous day by getting fried noodles from this little stand thing.  What in the past has never let me down, chicken noodles and some spring rolls all for little money, decided that food was still not something I was supposed to enjoy.  I ended up dropping three of my six mini spring rolls anyway.  Shameful.

Went to the sports cafe per usual.  Watched Brett Favre use the power of his wrangler jeans to shame Flacco per usual.  Watched the Ravens kicker fail epically per usual.  Seriously, you have ONE job to do.  Do it.

In other new the Steelers won.

BWTS: Benwolfe talks to the players during a football game, calling them by their first names as if they are old friends.  He is also not as annoying to watch games with than this one guy at the cafe tonight who would not stop yelling about his fantasy team and how much money he had in the pot.  On a scale from one to anyone around you cares?

Weather: Overcast and getting cold.  Hoory for fall.
Update: Amsterdam, Vienna, Paris--fall break kids!
Proverb: Frienship means trying to sweet talk NIDO night guards into breaking guest sign-in rules

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home