Sep 22, 2009

What do people do on Tuesdays when they have no class? Be lazy until they have to do work for Wednesdays

Ben Wolfe (and Dani) I apologize for not including a true story in the last two posts.  I will make up for it...now.

Sunday we went to Hampton Court.  Pictures are up on facebook in the album "It's History, not Hollywood" along with, well, all pictures I have taken so far.  I had a giant uploading spree when I got back home after Hampton.

Becca, you would seriously have adored both Hampton and the Kew Gardens.  Maybe when you graduate we'll come back.

Hampton Court is awesome for three reasons:
1. Henry VIII lived there and he ruled (also a dressed up Henry and one of his hos were wandering around the grounds...it was awesome)
2. There is a maze in the back along with gorgeous gardens that I want to have for my own
3. Katherine Howard haunts the place

Freaking love the Tudors man.  Dude how cool is that?  Here you just you know drive along and Oh, look out the window honey, it's the Palace kings and queens used to live in.  I mean what is this place I am living in?

Kew Gardens is an extensive maze of flowers and trees and pretty patios and waterfalls and very humid green houses.  I thought I had spent enough time there but I think I def want to go back.

Sunday was fun but exhausting.  Nothing really happened that night...same with Monday though I had that class that I am forced to take ...oh Ms Waters, Small Island is the name of the book I had to read....we had a journalist come talk with us and I pretty much was turned off by how self righteous she was and how I felt like she was just dismissing England's history.  You can't just deny where a country came from and the heritage they hold on to and when you claim to be a part of something I think you need to embrace that.  Sure disagree with it, and believe change is necessary--it is--but don't just put down the culture as a whole that's just foolish.

In other news.  I dropped a class in favor of a playwriting class so now I have no class on Tuesdays either.  Am I actually going to school here?

BWTS (1): Benwolfe's dog is enormous and his name is George.  There was at least one tapestry at Hampton Court where a dog similar looking to George was depicted.

BWTS (2): One time Benwolfe got me a birthday card and cut out faces of our friends to put on the bodies of super skinny wrinkly old men dancing on a beach.   What a funny person.

Weather: Sun woke me up this morning
Sitings: Henry VIII
Tan: Holding up better than I anticipated



Maddie Paul proverb: Poor grammar is a very important part of Tuesdays with no class

Update: I found Indian food that did not make me want to die when I saw the check

Update part two: Finalizing plans for Fall break...its going to be AWESOME (imagine Barney from HIMYM saying that)
Short Term Goal: write a monologue for my new class and do nothing else.

1 Comments:

At September 25, 2009 at 12:51 AM , Anonymous dani said...

was kathrine howard the youngest of henry's wives? he was such an asshole.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home