How many Friends quotes can I dish out in a day? It's a game!
Answer: Too many in the company of new people
Bright side: One of them owns all 10 seasons and brought 3 with him, one of them is just as adamant as I am, and another just finds most things I say amusing because apparently I am a walking paradox
After a 2 and a half hour long orientation we wandered about the campus of where I will be studying...kinda. It's pretty! It's nice to have a campus campus instead of, you know, Manhattan. It is however super far from where I'm living. But that's okay because I can use the walk and it's pretty so you know, no worries.
I spent the day primarily with the same three people who are all quite nice. After we finished with a program-wide Pub Quiz (we were team Drunk but the word Drunk was misspelled and just ended up as squiggles down the page...we were completely sober) which we came in 5th place for, we trekked back to NIDO and changed to go out.
It's still weird being in a place where not only is everyone allowed to drink, they are encouraged to. We have a "pub" in our equivalent of a dining hall. The Student Union has a freaking pub available for lunch and dinner. It also hosts themed nights. Wednesdays are Karaoke. Get excited.
There's a strawberry beer. It tastes like strawberries...and beer. Almost like Kool-Aid actually. Yeah it's a real thing.
Weather: surprisingly sunny
Tan: stands out like a sore thumb here
Sitings: a McDonald's double cheeseburger in my room that Saxx had when I got home
Update: I need more jackets
Short-term goal: Get a phone...and find the Magna Carta


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home